The Zotero Chrome connector saves to 'zotero.org' and not to my library

Report ID: 505813572

Hi, I see that I have reached my storage limit on Zotero. I have stopped syncing files and even deleted some files to make space. But everytime I try to save something on my Chrome connector, it says it's saving to Zotero.org and not my desktop library. How do I undo this? Or should I just let it save to Zotero.org? Do i save on storage if i let it save to Zotero.org?
  • edited November 10, 2021
    To explain, you previously gave the Zotero Connector permission to save to online library after it couldn't connect to the desktop app, and now that's what it's doing. It will stop doing that automatically as soon as it again sees the desktop app. The linked page explains the reasons it wouldn't be able to connect to it.

This is all fairly separate from any questions about storage. You always want the Zotero Connector to save to the desktop app when possible, regardless of whether you're syncing and/or using online storage.
  • Hi,

Thanks for all this! So on Chrome, this link http://127.0.0.1:23119/connector/ping does tell me that Zotero is available. I uninstaled and reinstalled the connector with Zotero in the background but it is still saving to zotero.org. I then installed a connector on Firefox and that seems to be working alright. As per the page you linked above, this means it's a problem with my Chrome account? Not sure if i can figure out what the problem is, guess i'll just use Firefox from now..
  • Your Chrome installation, not your Chrome account.

You'd want to follow all the steps recommended on that page.