Files not deleting from Zotero data directory

Hello all,

I'm using the current 2.0b71 but this seems to have been the case for a while.

When I delete content from my library, including entries with pdfs attached, my zotero data directory isn't getting any smaller.

So I just checked the properties on my data directory and it had 20,469 files. I went into zotero, deleted multiple things, then ran both purge commands (even though I'm not sure what they are supposed to do or if they are related) and then closed firefox. When I checked my data directory again it still had the exact same amount of files.

This is especially troublesome for me for a couple of reasons. 1. I have a LOT of duplicates in my library from when I was combining it from multiple computers so that i could use it with... 2. ...Dropbox. I run my zotero from my dropbox, and seeing as I have a limited amount of space in it, and use it for other files, I would really like to have control over the size of my zotero data directory.... (FYI I do not use sync since I use dropbox.)

If anyone can help its greatly appreciated!

Brad
  • the purge is for using webdav/zotero file syncing.
    did you empty your trash? It's below your collections.
  • LOL

That was it. Wow, can we have this entire thread deleted on account of my idiocy? haha, can't believe I missed that all this time. Thanks a lot.
  • oh, don't worry, you are in good and plentiful company - there clearly is a problem with the visibility of the trash.
    This thread is another reason for the devs to take one or several of the options discussed here:
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/9220/suggestion-make-trash-more-visible/