Missing Folders and Files

Hello,

Over the weekend, I was alerted that hundreds of Zotero entries (including attached PDFs) were missing from a Group Library (41 members). The folder structure for the library is also gone. I am trying to determine who in the group last used the library but in the meantime wanted to post here to ask for help on how to restore (if possible) the Group Library contents. Also, are there questions I should be asking group members before proceeding with trying to restore the library? Thanks in advance.

Carla
  • edited October 25, 2021
    Have you looked in the group trash?

Most likely someone deleted a collection and items by mistake, but the items would still be in the trash.

Someone who just synced these changes down might be able to restore the collection from an automatic backup. See the instructions there for restoring a deleted collection.
  • Thanks for your question. Yes - there are about 700 items there, but I'm not sure if that's all of them. If I restore them from the trash, do I still need to recreate the folders they were in?
  • See my edited message above.
  • Thanks. Will do some more investigating and then follow the instructions you've provided.