Book Sections with different authors

I am not sure how to add book chapters into the database when the authors of the chapters are all different. If I have the whole book, I'd just list the book, but if I have just one chapter the chapter is listed as a 'book section' under the name of the book editors. This way the author of the chapter does not feature at all. So I would have to turn it into a journal article instead.... What I sometimes do is make the 'author' the chapter author' instead of the book editors, but obviously this is not right. Many of my study books are like this. Any tips? Thanks.
  • Not sure I follow.
    This sounds right to me?
    What I sometimes do is make the 'author' the chapter author' instead of the book editors, but obviously this is not right.
    Could you provide an example of a citation how you would like it to look?
  • edited October 18, 2021
    Sorry about not being clear!

I usually drag my PDF (a chapter) to the database and then create (or it creates it for me) a parent item. The parent item will list the book under the book author's name and so the 'section' will no longer appear in the database.

And so I think I've just solved my own issue - I suppose the parent item should be a book section, not a book. But when I do that, I cannot see the book's editors anywhere as the section will just be listed under the section author's name... I can see there is a space for the book title, but I cannot put the book editors/authors anywhere?
  • Aha, add an additional author! Thanks