Problems with Sync

Hi,
I've just run into a problem where I am completely unable to sync My Library online. My debug report is 111930726.

Potentially relevant information:
- sync is on default settings, except "Sync full-text content" is set to false (I don't want to upload papers)
- before trying to sync, I reset my web library on Zotero using "Replace Online Library"
- I am using a beta version of Zotero (5.0.97-beta.46+4cfa23050)
- My error message is "Cannot add more than 300 settings at a time"

Thanks in advance for your help!
  • edited October 15, 2021
    before trying to sync, I reset my web library on Zotero using "Replace Online Library"
    This isn't something you should use in normal usage and is likely the reason you're getting this error now. Can you provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that results in the error?
    sync is on default settings, except "Sync full-text content" is set to false (I don't want to upload papers)
    Note that "Sync full-text content" doesn't sync files — it syncs full-text content so that you can do full-text searches even when the files haven't been synced. There's very little reason to turn it off.
  • Thanks for the reply! My Debug ID is D1872518129.

And also thanks for clearing up the purpose of "Sync full-text content" as well; I've turned it back on as well.
  • Hi, I was wondering if there were any updates on this issue? Is there anything else I can do to help?
  • We'll try to fix this soon. (While this is a current limitation that needs to be fixed, this is an example of why the preferences pane cautions against using "Replace Online Library" for troubleshooting.)
  • edited October 22, 2021
    @naomipeck: Note that, if you can't wait, and you're happy with the state of your data online, you can simply close Zotero, move zotero.sqlite from your Zotero data directory to a backup location, and then reopen Zotero with an empty library and sync to pull down your data from your online library.