Sync Error (Again) on 2.0b7.2

Dan,

I upgraded to 7.2 and seems OK until this morning that the sync error came up again. I got bunch of file not found errors while doing sync on my PC at work. I did not have problem with my MAC and PC at home.

Report ID : 482667270
Debug ID : D1250170845

Please help, thanks.

HL
  • Since I have this problem at office, I'm seeing the following error in my MAC/PC at home:

|data.syncModTime| not set in Zotero.Sync.Storage.processDownload()

Report ID : 627035652
    Bug ID : D1060349120
  • It seems that such problem happens when there is a single huge file update when network problem/browser has problem during such update. From that point onwards, the yellow triangle keep showing up. It can be easily be resolved if users can choose what to do in case of such problem happened. Could Zotero be able to have a feature to allow users to choose the file sync problem fixes such as ignore, remove or delete items on the local PC or on the WEBDAV server? It would help a lot!
  • edited October 16, 2009
    We haven't seen this before, but it looks like some file sync metadata files might not be getting uploaded or downloaded properly. Can you check the following files on your WebDAV server to see if they're empty or whether they contain long numbers?

E87UF74K.prop
    DZRSDD2T.prop
    DXB5TAUI.prop
    AHSGBTNI.prop

If they're empty, delete them. Then choose Reset File Sync History from the Sync->Reset of the Zotero prefs on both machines and try to sync again.
  • Dan,

Those are deleted but problem persist.

Report ID : 587366503

Debug ID is D1768829969

Pls help. I found a few working files are out of sync and causing inconvenience.
  • I have upgraded to 7.4 already, FYI.
  • I didn't say to delete all of them. Were any of them empty?

Look for 0-byte .prop files on your WebDAV server and delete them. Non-empty ones should be 10 bytes.

Then Reset File Sync History and sync.
  • Sorry I mean they do not exist on the server; somehow it was deleted before.

I deleted all the <10 byte files and sync again. The sync button keeps rolling.

Also I still see a lot of file not found errors in the log file, how can I remove those errors?

The Debug ID is D891729046.
  • Assuming the attachment files are on one of the computers, you need to do a Reset File Sync History on each computer and sync to upload any missing files.

(If the sync icon ever spins for longer than 10 minutes, just restart Firefox.)
  • I had the exact same error message, and Dan's solution worked for me. I deleted any .prop files on my webdav server that had less than 10 bytes, reset the sync history, and re-synced. All is well now.