suggestion: make trash more visible

A number of "help needed" threads culminate with advice to empty the trash, and the sheepish admission by the original poster that they didn't even know the trash was there. I think part of the problem here is that with Zotero on, let's say, the bottom quarter of firefox on a laptop screen with a few collections in the left pane, the trash is almost always hidden.

It might be useful, and might head off some troubleshooting threads, if the trash were always visible somehow, and/or if there was a trash icon or "empty trash" button in the icon bar area of Zotero.

I think that there are a few relatively minor UI tweaks like this that would have a very good ROI in terms of the number of problems/misunderstandings avoided for the depth of coding required.
  • I think you're definitely right on the problem analysis.
    The other proposed solution so far has been to make the trash more visible using the naming of functions: E.g. "Move to Trash" instead of "Delete from library"
    That one has the advantage of being even less work and not taking up any space.
  • Another easy solution would be to display the trash above all the collections/as the first collection. This is also how apple mail handle's the problem. Would be a very simple tweak of the GUI with big effect.

What I also find confusing is that the "restore from library" button is at a very unexpected location (above the info/tag/related pane, where normally nothing is there). A logical place would be to have a drop down-menu when ctrl-clicking/right-clicking an item in the trash or to be able to drag and drop items out of the trash.