Re-importing library on formatted macbook

This discussion was created from comments split from: There is an legislation data base?.
  • I formatted my macbook. I reinstalled Zotero. But I cannot import my files. I made a backup by saying export. I have the files but it is not working.

Could you help me?
  • edited October 4, 2021
    Could you please provide more details about the type of back-ups you have and what exactly isn't working.
  • Sure, but I can't remember exactly. Because it's been a year. As far as I remember, when I was in the Zotero program, I took a backup by selecting files - export and selecting notes and pdfs.

Now I reinstalled Zotero and I click import but I don't know which file to choose.

Can you reach me on Whatsapp? We can examine it in more detail.

+905377229793
  • If you exported everything to the device you formatted then you lost it.
  • @fmuro No, I saved it to my hard drive after exporting. After formatting, I restored the files from my hard drive to the computer, but I can't. Please contact me on Whatsapp today and let's solve it :(
  • Support happens here.
    A preferable Back-up would simply be the Zotero folder from your harddisk before formatting. Do you have a full hd backup, e.g. via Timemachine?

If not, the export file to open is the .rdf File in the folder Zotero generated during export
  • Hello there,

I said so because it would be easier to share pictures and instant communication via Whatsapp. It's okay, I'll continue from here.

I manually copied the Zotero files I backed up to my hard drive. My files are in the picture in the link.

https://www.hizliresim.com/7hekd41
  • @adamsmith

Really thank you so much. I succeeded. I solved the problem and I am very happy.