Recurrent Error When Syncing

Hi,

I run Zotero over 2 computers (Mac at home and off firexfox portable on a USB at work)
I sync my library via zotero and my pdfs via webdav using box.net

Recently I have started getting the following error on my USB everytime I sync:

Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIFile.lastModifiedTime]

It seems to sync anyway but I'm not sure if some of the data is not syncing correctly.
I tried restoring both computers to my online zotero data but I still get the problem.

Any thoughts?
  • Can you provide a Report ID? Thanks.
  • Just tried it again and got the following report ID:

Happens everytime I sync....
  • edited April 5, 2010
    I have the same problem (ID 1550621252).

Nothing seems to help, except sometimes reseting the sync-process, but again that takes for ever.

I'm also using zotero as a portable app on a usb harddisk. Zotero is running in Mozilla Firefox portable edition 3.6.

Greetings
    chuelibrueder
  • It looks like this might be an issue unique to USB drives. Zotero now catches this error when the code is NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED and displays the following message:
    The file [file path] cannot be updated. Check that the file is not currently in use and that it is not marked read-only.

Restarting your computer or disabling security software may also help.
    But NS_ERROR_FAILURE, which you're seeing, is a generic error that doesn't provide any information on what's going wrong. Generate debug output for the sync attempt, click the View button from the Advanced pane of the prefs, and search for the last instance of "Mod time didn't match" and see the file in question. (You can also submit it and post the Debug ID here.) Then check whether that file is read-only. It's possible the error returned is simply different when triggered on a USB disk, or this may be a separate issue.