Remove period between institutional author and date in APA

Hi folks!

I am adapting APA for a specific project, and I would like to remove the period between the name of an institutional author and the date. For example, a citation currently exports as: "Dimitrov, P., Weinstein, M., Usher, P., & Ross River Indian Band. (1984). So that the future will be ours (Vol. 1–2). Ross River Indian Band."

I would like it to read as follows (remove the period after "Band"):

"Dimitrov, P., Weinstein, M., Usher, P., & Ross River Indian Band (1984). So that the future will be ours (Vol. 1–2). Ross River Indian Band."

But I want to keep the period between the initial and date for individual authors, e.g.:

"Weinstein, M. (1993). Ross River Dena: A Yukon Aboriginal Economy (Royal Commission on Aboriginal Peoples Aboriginal Economy Case Study Project). M.S. Weinstein Consulting Services."

Is there a way to do this in CSL? I'm a novice - I've managed to make some successful edits by browsing the forums, but I'm not sure how to approach this one. I have a basic understanding of XML but would appreciate really simple step-by-step explanations if possible :) Thank you!
  • I think it should work if you change these lines in the bibliography section:

<text macro="author-bib"/>
    <text macro="date-bib"/>

To:

<group delimiter=" ">
    <text macro="date-bib"/>
    </group>
  • Amazing! This worked perfectly. Thank you :)
  • edited January 26, 2023
    Hi there! I tried that as well for APAs 7th edition. My thinking was to remove the in group delimiter (2nd row):

<group delimiter=" ">
    <group delimiter=". " suffix=".">
    <text macro="date-bib"/>
    <text macro="title-and-descriptions"/>
    <text macro="container"/>
    <text macro="event"/>
    <text macro="publisher"/>
    </group>

For some reason that removes the period not only after the institutional author. It also removes the period after the date in the bracket.

Can someone help?