Possible to suppress short title if there is no subsequent citation
Hello!
I'm wondering if there is a way to suppress the short title at the end of a citation if that citation is the only reference to a particular source?
According to the Canadian guide to uniform legal citation, the only time that a citation is supposed to have a short title in brackets at the end is when that same source is referenced more than once.
I know that it is possible to check for the position of "first", but I'm wondering if there is a way to check for "first with subsequent citation".
Thank you!
I'm wondering if there is a way to suppress the short title at the end of a citation if that citation is the only reference to a particular source?
According to the Canadian guide to uniform legal citation, the only time that a citation is supposed to have a short title in brackets at the end is when that same source is referenced more than once.
I know that it is possible to check for the position of "first", but I'm wondering if there is a way to check for "first with subsequent citation".
Thank you!
This is an old discussion that has not been active in a long time. Before commenting here, you should strongly consider starting a new discussion instead. If you think the content of this discussion is still relevant, you can link to it from your new discussion.
Upgrade Storage
Thanks!