Random author ordering

Is there a way that Zotero can handle random-author ordering? Or an easy work around? It seems within the field of economics at least, there's some movement towards random sorting of authors names. For details on this, see https://www.aeaweb.org/journals/policies/random-author-order

Here's one example from the AEA style guide for indicating that the author ordering is random:

Ray, Debraj ⓡ Arthur Robson. 2018. "Certified Random: A New Order for Coauthorship." American Economic Review 108 (2): 489–520.

I have very basic knowledge of how to write new styles within Zotero, but not sure how I'd tell Zotero to replace the comma between author names with the r-circle symbol.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Dean
  • Currently, I do not see any way in Zotero to create random-author ordering during the citation production. You can do it manually before the manuscript is submitted to the journal.

This is an old discussion that has not been active in a long time. Before commenting here, you should strongly consider starting a new discussion instead. If you think the content of this discussion is still relevant, you can link to it from your new discussion.

Sign In or Register to comment.