Exporting Web Page

I understand how to convert Zotero PDFs to markdown / annotations in order to get them into other programs and I have a markdown connector if I want to convert a web page into markdown text.

I want to be able to save a web page into Zotero using the connector and then export that page or certain parts of the web page as markdown while preserving the original page in Zotero.

If I use the connector to save a web page into Zotero how do I get that web page out of Zotero into a markdown file? I have tried saving the web page then right click - MDnotes / Export to markdown or / MDnotes / Create MDnotes file - and both options create a markdown file, the first option creating a very obscure abstract of the web page, and the second option only creating a text file with a few links to reference back to the original file.

Is there a direct way to do this or do I need to convert it to pdf first? Or maybe just save the markdown directly from the web page with a markdown connector to my md app and then save the web page separately with Zotero connector? For reference; I have dabbled around before with hypothes.is but it is not an option I cant seem to get it working on three different web browsers.

Currently running;
5.0.97-beta.46+4cfa23050
MDnotes
Zotfile
BetterBibtex (not sure how to use this but installed per one of the other threads here)

Thanks for any assistance.
  • Bumping this for best practices recommendations;

- Want to save web page into Zotero so I can keep original there but edit it and have those annotations and comments moved into a MD app.

- I tried saving the web page into Zotero then 1) right click - MDnotes / Export to markdown OR 2) MDnotes / Create MDnotes file = both options create a markdown file either a very obscure abstract of the original web page or in the case of 2) it only creates a text file with a few links to reference back to the original. Neither of these options provide value.

? - for small amounts of text maybe just print the page to pdf first then annotate out what I need for small amounts of text?

? - For large amounts of annotations maybe using a MD connector save the markdown text directly from the web page to my MD file / MD app then separately save the web page into Zotero using its connector?

Suggestions?
  • Can't think of an easy way to do this -- it's also fairly unusual. I guess what I'd do is something like running pandoc on the saved .HTML file (so "Show file" --> Run cmd.exe (or whatever you want to run pandoc from) here --> pandoc input.html -o md-input.md)