Zotero gets stuck on MODS import (Mac)

If the "encoding" is in lower case like here:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
- the import never finishes. You can still more or less normally use Firefox (I'm writing this just now with the unresponsive Zotero in the bottom part of FF. You can normally quit FF. After a restart, you find out, nothing has been imported.

No problems with upper case:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

The problem is absolutely reproducible on my computer, apparently not depending on the MODS file contents. (I discovered it at my tests of different import options, as I used bbedit to reflow XML - it also changed the case of the "encoding" to lowercase).

Here is a test case http://home.arcor.de/web_bill_be58/Zotero-Put2web/test_UTF_case_problem.zip - two MODS files, differing in "encoding" case only.

FF 3.5.3, Zotero 2.0b7.2, MacBook Intel (core 2 duo), Leopard 10.5.8

No problems with the same files under Windows (also FF 3.5.3, Zotero 2.0b7.2 ),
no problems under Linux (Ubuntu 9.0.4, FF 3.5.2, Zotero 2.0b7.2 ).

I could test it on other Macs, if necessary.
Sign In or Register to comment.