Zotero desktop app blank

Whenever I try to open Zotero desktop app, window is blank. Only things visible are Zotero and minimize/close app at the very top of screen. When I left-click with my mouse near the top, I can see the menus, but they are not visible per se, and when I try to open the settings for example, that window too is blank.

I have tried un- and reinstalling several times, to no effect. I have googled this issue, and something about Nvidia graphics could be the issue apparently, but I do not know what exactly should I do. I do not have Duet Display installed. Web Library and browser Connector seem to work fine - it is the desktop app that is the issue.

Steps to reproduce (for me):
1. Install Zotero
2. Open the desktop application

Zotero version: 5.0.96.3
Operating system: Windows 10 Home 20H2
  • edited September 17, 2021
    Yes, that's definitely something about your graphics drivers. I'm afraid there's not really much we can suggest for this. You should make sure you're running the latest drivers.

If you go into the Nvidia control panel, there may also some application specific options there for Firefox and Zotero. You should see if you can copy the Firefox settings for Zotero and whether that solves the issue.
  • Updating drivers did nothing, but the latter part helped! From Nvidia's control panel, I made Zotero use same driver/whatever as Chrome (integrated instead of Nvidia's), and behold, desktop app became visible :)

Thank you so much for the help!