omit name if author is same as editor and translator

edited September 16, 2021
Dear all,

I am trying to follow this requirement from my team, but it has been a while since I worked with CSL.

"When the same person is author and editor/translator the name does not need to be repeated" after the abbreviated roles. so for example,

Basset, R. 1916. Le synaxaire arabe jacobite (rédaction copte), III: Mois de Toubeh et d’Amschir, ed., tr. R. Basset, Patrologia Orientalis, 11/5 (Paris: Firmin-Didot et Cie, 1916).

should be

Basset, R. 1916. Le synaxaire arabe jacobite (rédaction copte), III: Mois de Toubeh et d’Amschir, ed., tr., Patrologia Orientalis, 11/5 (Paris: Firmin-Didot et Cie, 1916).

I have a macro for this in our home style (hiob-ludolf-centre-for-ethiopian-studies)

<macro name="secondary-contributors">
<choose>
<if type="chapter entry-encyclopedia paper-conference" match="none">
<group delimiter=", " prefix=", ">
<names variable="editor translator" delimiter=", ">
<label form="short" suffix=" "/>
<name and="text" initialize-with=". " sort-separator=""/>
</names>
</group>
</if>
</choose>
</macro>

But actually the record in Zotero has the name repeated three times and classified as editor, as translator and as author, so that the abbreviations of the roles appear in the secondary contributors place instead of one before and one after the title.

I have tried to omit the name element, but this would not be fine in other cases, I would like to add a choose and test if the author is the same as the editor and translator. But I have not managed to do that either.

is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks a lot
Pietro