ZotFile subfolder name without special characters?

edited September 23, 2021
Hi,

I wonder how to ask ZotFile to create folders without diacritics in the folder names.

I am using ZotFile to move pdf into subfolders defined by author-year (\%a\%y) naming rule. However, this will create folder names with special characters if the author's last name contains diacritic.

The problem is, when synchronizing pdf files from computer A (Windows system) to computer B (Macbook) by google drive, the same folders in A and B containing special characters in their names are not recognized as the same folder. So google drive creates new folders to store the pdf, confusing Zotero's pdf link.
--------------------------------
For example,
in Mac A, I have a directory ".../Ščajev/my_file_1.pdf",
and in Windows B I have a directory ".../Ščajev/my_file_2.pdf".

Logically, I would expect to see
".../Ščajev/my_file_1.pdf, my_file_2.pdf"
in both computers A and B after synchronization.

However, instead, I have
".../Ščajev/my_file_1.pdf" and ".../Ščajev (1)/my_file_2.pdf" in Mac A,
and ".../Ščajev/my_file_1.pdf" and ".../Ščajev/my_file_2.pdf" in Windows B.

(Yes, somehow google drive manages to create two same subfolders ".../Ščajev/" in one folder...)
--------------------------------

However, there is no way Zotero recognizes this folder name management. So the pdf link for my_file_1.pdf is lost in Windows B, and my_file_2.pdf is lost in Mac A.
Although this is probably not a fault of Zotero or ZotFile, I think it still makes sense to have an option to choose not to include diacritic in folder names to avoid this problem in the first place.

The pdf renaming in ZotFile has the option to remove these special characters, but I don't see how to do the same for the subfolder name.