Zotero makes Firefox insert library proxy everywhere

About two weeks ago my university library proxy inserted itself into any URL I attempt to reach
example:
www.google.com.au/ezp.lib.unimelb.edu.au
When I disable Zotero everything goes back to normal. This is causing all sorts of problems, especially with university sites that require authentication such as our Blackboard website (to which I can no longer log on unless I disable zotero).

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.
  • Please provide the info here:
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/8810/trouble-with-ezproxy-i-think/#Item_2

Also, are you using 2.0b7.2?
  • Dear Dan,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I don't understand. Do you want me to copy the post and publish it in that thread?
    Yes, I'm using 2.0b7.2
  • Sorry—provide the the info requested there. You can post it in this thread.
  • Thank you Dan. This happens in two different computers with slight different variations. The one in my office does what I described above, my laptop does it only when trying to access the Blackboard area. I followed the instructions. The debug report is pasted below (it's very long, sorry). Then I looked at the proxies entries as indicated in the instructions and I found the expected ones (library, jstor, etc.) AND the Blackboard page (how on earth it got there is a mystery to me). I deleted the entry and the problem is gone.

I will check my office computer as soon as I get there and report back.

Thank you for your help!

M.
  • Dear Dan,

I cannot post the debug report, I get a message saying it's 80679 characters too long.

M.
  • We just need the Debug ID after submitting the output to the server from the Advanced pane—you don't need post the output here.

If you can also tell us the exact values of the (bad) proxy settings in the list, as well as the settings in the popup window after double-clicking on the entry, that would be helpful. Thanks.
  • First, I apologise for the lateness of this response. I had some unforeseen health complications.

The problem seems to be related to the option "Automatically remember proxied resources" (in Preferences, Proxies). This was ticked in my office computer (I assume by default, since I had not modified any preferences back then), and it seems to have registered in the proxy entries every site I ever visited. I deleted all the entries and unticked the "automaticall remember proxied resources" and the problem is gone.

Thank you,

Margot.