Writing Plug-in Collaboration

I am having a problem with writing with others even though we have the same Zotero shared library. [example: I write something, add citations, and send it to someone else, who can write and add/edit citations.]

Do you have any tips on using the "cite and write" plug-in across platforms/computers?
  • What is the exact problem, i.e. what happens? If you're all using the same Word processor, this should just work.

If you're switching between Word, Google, and LibreOffice, it's a bit more involved, if still very much possible.
  • I couldn't add/updated citations when I opened someone else's document. It sounds like it works as long as we all have the same version of word, though, correct?

Do the citations have to come from the Zotero App? (I think this person may have cited with the online library.)
  • Yes, citations have to come from the app. Not sure what you mean by "cited with the online library", but if you really mean they generated citations using the online library, those are just text copied and pasted into the document and wouldn't have any connection to the word processor plugin or the bibliography you generate with it.