zotero web version looks empty but references are there if i search for them

Hi team,

I'm new to Zotero! I imported my entire endnote library following the help documentation yesterday with much success.

This morning I noticed an error triangle next to the sync icon letting me know that I'd exceeded the free storage amount. I followed the link to upgrade to a paid account, did so and clicked sync again. The error is gone and it looks like it syncs but when I go online to see the library there, it appears empty.

However - metadata/tags are visible and if I search for something in the search bar, it runs the search an populates the references correctly!

Do you have any idea how I can see the library without having to search for something specifically?

Also, I thought that it said the total number of references in My Library somewhere so that I can confirm if it's the number it should be...but I don't see it and now I'm doubting if it was ever there. Please confirm.

Thanks!

Lexi
  • You have >1000 top-level items in your online library. Are you saying you don't see them when you click Web Library at the top of this page? Can you take a screenshot, upload it somewhere (e.g., Dropbox or Google Drive), and provide a link here?
    Also, I thought that it said the total number of references in My Library somewhere so that I can confirm if it's the number it should be...but I don't see it and now I'm doubting if it was ever there.
    https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/item_count
  • Hi @dstillman I think it was just needing time to sync because now both web and desktop show the total number in the right pane, and I can see all resources in web. Huzzah! Thanks for your time.