Oscola (no ibid) style - does it work?

Hi,

I was just advised that I may not use ibid in my document and have gone back to update the style to Oscola (no ibid), but despite repeatedly refreshing, the ibid is not removed and updated. Any advise? Does this actually work?

I need to use OSCOLA, but with no ibid, and don't want to have to manually change all ibid items.

Thanks.
  • Try changing to a completely different style like APA or IEEE and then back to your note style.
  • Thanks. Unfortunately that doesn't work. Having tried to change the style, I now see that I can't seem to change the style in the document at all.
  • Ok. That's the 2nd thing I wanted to find out.
    Looks like you lost the linkage of your citations.

See this guide to look into why this has happened, so it doesn't happen again: https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/existing_citations_not_detected
  • Thanks. I read the info in the link and it doesn't apply to me. My citations are highlighting in grey. However, I went into the word document and into "document preferences" under the zotero plug in, and that seemed to refresh the document to the Oscola (no ibid) style! Not sure why, but I'll try remember that for next time. Thanks for the help.
  • (If you didn't go there before, you didn't change the citation style)
  • I changed it using the app. Surely it should work when you go to Zotero's preferences and then under "Cite" you change the style? That's how I've been doing it all this time. Never mind - it's all sorted!
  • I changed it using the app. Surely it should work when you go to Zotero's preferences and then under "Cite" you change the style? That's how I've been doing it all this
    No. What you have selected under "Cite" has absolutely no effect on what happens in any Word document. Citation styles are set per document and only in the document preferences (which if you think about it makes sense: many people work on multiple documents at a time, often with different citation requirements).
  • I see. Thanks for that info - I was not aware that different styles could be used for different docs as it isn't something that I need to concern myself with. But it's good to know for the future. Appreciate your assistance.