WHO's IRIS - pdf metadata - automatic citation download - anyone would want to develop?

WHO is publishing a lot of reports and books and assigns ISBNs that can be retrieved through their catalog service at https://apps.who.int/iris/discover?query=9789241515528

When adding a WHO pdf to zotero, metadata do not allow to find the information automatically. if implemented with an IRIS search I believe this could be easily overcome.
IRIS offers export to .ris, bitex, csv, excel of the citation.

This can also work for free pdf retrieval once the IRIS search results is found as it always leads to a page where a download is offered.

I believe many are using WHO bibliography and this would be useful.

• We can't add them as a general ISBN source, but we could probably do this by adding a WHO-specific ISBN search translator that only did lookups for ISBNs using their registration prefix. Someone else can confirm this, but from what I can tell that would be 978924. (Within 978, 92 is for "International NGO Publishers and EC Organizations", and I'm seeing 4 for all WHO ISBNs.) I've created an issue to track this.

The more important thing is that Zotero actually had a translator for WHO IRIS, but it didn't work on HTTPS URLs, which are now the default, so saving only resulted in more limited metadata. I've now fixed that, so you should now get higher-quality metadata when saving from the article page. (Your Zotero Connector should auto-update within 24 hours, or you can update manually by clicking Update Translators in the Advanced pane of the Zotero Connector preferences.) For now, you'd just want to save from the article pages instead of saving the PDF directly, and you should get the PDF attached automatically.
  • Thank you for your immediate response. I will be looking this over the next few days and get back to you if there is a need.
  • We've added support for WHO ISBNs, so along with saving from the site working again, Zotero should now be able to recognize WHO PDFs that include ISBNs, and you can now enter WHO ISBNs in Add Item by Identifier.