Everything Gone: Please Help

Hey Everyone,
Today, I was trying to make it that case that when I use the Zotero plug-in in my web browser and it saves a file that the file would go to my Dropbox instead of being linked to in the Zotero App. I'm not sure what happened or what I did, but my Zotero is now empty. It contains nothing. And when I opened up the Zotero App it was like I just downloaded it; it asked to help my get set up.

Please help. I'm doing a Ph.D right now. I'm writing my dissertation. I cannot lose the hundreds and hundreds of bibliography entires that I spent so long collecting

PS: When I go to Users>Zotero inside the folder here is what I see

>locate Today at 1:41pm
>pipes Today at 1:41pm
>storage Today at 1:41pm
>styles Today at 1:41pm
>tmp Today at 1:41pm
>translators Today at 1:41pm
zotero.sqlite Today at 1:41pm 1.1MB Document
zotero.sqlite-journal Today at 1:41pm 91KB Document
  • edited July 22, 2021
    That's an empty database, and this doesn't appear to be a data directory you've used previously — it's missing various .bak files, and I'm guessing 'storage' is also empty. So you likely moved your data directory by mistake, or had previously been using a different data directory and changed Zotero back to this default folder, which doesn't contain your data.

Only you would know where your previous Zotero data directory is, so I'm afraid that's not something we can help with. See Locating Missing Zotero Data to know what to look for.

(You appear to have uploaded items since posting here, so perhaps you figured this out.)