Downloading documentation

This discussion was created from comments split from: Necessary to download to local pc?.
  • I am a French "beyond the walls" independent senior citizen researcher wishing to give a try to Zotero. My reasearch is about people's digital capacitation (the capability to become an extended/augmented self). With every application, the first problem I am used to meet, and this is also true with Zotero, is the practical inability I have to download and maintain all the documentation one shot (instead of scores of URLs that can augment further on without me noticiing it) ; in order to build my own wiki along my own mental and neb (digital nebularity) and maintain it along my personal experience, needs, procedures, knowledge. I supposed Zotero, due to its targets, would help that need. This obviously means that I wish to repatriate every bit of documentation in a maintained order on my PC.
    How should I proceed? Deep thanks.
  • (Please start new threads for new issues — the thread you posted to wasn't related to your question. I've moved this to a new thread.)

I'm not really sure what you're asking here. We provide documentation on our website. If you'd like to download a copy of all of it, there are plenty of third-party tools that can spider parts of websites. But that's not related to Zotero and not something we can help with (and you'll need to configure it carefully to avoid download huge numbers of unnecessary URLs from changesets and the like).

If there's content from the documentation you want, though, I would recommend just copying it into your notes.
    instead of scores of URLs that can augment further on without me noticiing it
    I'm not sure what you mean by this, though. The fact that the documentation is regularly updated is a good thing. There's a feed that you can use to follow edits.
  • @dstillman: thanks for the info about the feed, I've been lurking for a few years and hadn't seen that before.