Save file from safari to library

Hi! It seems that I cannot save a PDF to my zotero library from safari. I have tried different pdfs and every time there is a note that I do not have enough space available. I tried deleting some of the existing files but the problem remains. Any ideas?
  • edited July 7, 2021
    You're at your file storage quota. You can either add a storage subscription or delete more files.

The quota is solely online, so deleting files locally wouldn't automatically put you below your quota. (E.g., if you have a 300 MB quota and 1 GB of files locally, deleting a 10 MB file isn't going to put you below your quota. You would need to delete 700 MB of local files.)
  • Thanks for the reply! So when I save files on zotero on my laptop there are stored locally and when I do so on the iPad the storage is online?
  • edited July 7, 2021
    Not exactly. Both the desktop version and the iOS version save files to your local library, but since the share extension on iOS runs in Safari and there's no guarantee that you'll open the app anytime soon, the share extension also immediately uploads the file itself and warns you if you're at your quota. On the desktop, the app is open at the same time, so the Zotero Connector just saves to the app and lets the app handle syncing. If you're at your quota, you'll just see the quota error in the desktop app when it tries to sync.
  • Got it! Thanks again!!