Sync Problems: 529931885 and 1190894286.

Win XP/SP 3, FF 3.5.3, Z 2.0b7.2

I'm getting various sync errors.

Trying to sync with File Sync enabled to WebDAV over http results as follows.

(!) Error: Source item for keyed source doesn't exist in Zotero.Item.getSource() (C5HT8EAV)

Zotero then continues with sync, followed by the appearance of the File Sync widget (135 files: 50+Mb).

Next it brings up a "Conflict Resolution" dialog: 1 Item, "Environment and Planning D abstract". Only difference between local and remote that I can see is in "modified" date - 1 hour later in remote. At different times I've tried choosing both the local and remote variants, with the same outcome (as detailed below).

Then Error Sign - (?)Transaction in progress in Zotero.Sync.Server._checkSyncUser

"Report Error" lists:

[JavaScript Error: "File 'telecommunications.html' not found after processing download null/KJ6UE47J in Zotero.Sync.Storage.processDownload()" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage.js" line: 603}]

[JavaScript Error: "File 'telecommunications.html' not found after processing download null/KJ6UE47J in Zotero.Sync.Storage.processDownload()" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage.js" line: 603}]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Transaction in progress in Zotero.Sync.Server._checkSyncUser' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

Error Report Number is 529931885

"lastsync" file at WebDAV has been updated (to current time)

Then Zotero unresponsive (but can be closed).

------

I next restarted Firefox, disabled File Sync, tried cleaning up some of the Env & Plan D entries from Feb 2008. These seemed a little weird to me, but would have been saved by the then current version of Zotero and presumably updated by subsequent versions. Most had no dates saved, and they had URL fields filled in pointing to the saved snapshots in the Zotero attachments folder under Mozilla profiles. Each has just a single child attachment, a snapshot of the EnvPlan website page. I filled in the dates and cleared the URL fields.

Then I tried to sync (without File Sync) again. This time it complained again exactly as at the top ("Source item for keyed source doesn't exist"). But then it brought up an empty Conflict Resolution dialog, closed it immediately, and went to the error state, this time requesting that I restart Firefox. The Error Report for this is 1190894286.

At that point I posted this and rushed out for (late) lunch :)

Alan.
  • There are files KJ6UE47J.prop and KJ6UE47J.zip at the WebDAV server. I downloaded them. The .prop contains the string "1248380462". Trying to open the .zip reports that it's corrupt.

What'll happen if I just delete these from the WebDAV server?

Alan.
  • Duh ... of course that didn't change the complaint about "Source item for keyed source doesn't exist ", but I noticed that the fleeting and "empty" Conflict Resolution dialog actually has a single string (in bold) "deleted" in its Local pane.
  • For the moment, don't worry about anything after the "Source item for keyed source doesn't exist in Zotero.Item.getSource() (C5HT8EAV)" message.

Could you generate debug output for the sync attempt (through to that message) from the Advanced pane of the Zotero prefs, submit it to the server, and post the Debug ID here? Thanks.
  • Done. The Debug ID is D1647332145.

The error message referenced a different identifier this time:
    "Source item for keyed source doesn't exist in Zotero.Item.getSource() (VTKH7XK3)"

Thanks,
    Alan.
  • This should now be fixed in the latest dev build, and the fix will be included in 2.0b7.3. In the meantime, performing a Full Sync from the Sync->Reset pane of the Zotero prefs should also fix it.
  • Thanks Dan,

Yes, The Full Sync seems to have cured the problem