Urgent: Zotero hangs when opening

I had the latest version of Zotero beta on my Mac (macOS 11.4). It worked fine until today. It first froze. I forced it to quit. Then it hanged every time I tried to open it. I downloaded and installed the latest regular version, and it shows the version error. I installed the Beta version again, and it again froze. Release version installed and version error again... And on and on. Please help. I am in the middle of a paper and need Zotero to continue working. Many thanks.
  • Start Zotero with debug output logging and run it that way for a while. If it's a true freeze likely Zotero will stop logging in the terminal after a while. Copy the logged lines from the terminal, paste them in a text file and send it to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread.
  • Thanks so much. For unknown reason it came back alive after I installed the beta version once more. I will do what you told me to do when the problem recurrs.
  • This is one problem. If often takes forever to open Zotero. D1739184913.
    Next time it hangs, together with Word, I will send the debugging report.
  • edited June 26, 2021
    This looks like you're trying to save to Zotero before it's fully loaded. Wait until "Loading items…" disappears at startup.