Synchonization does not work, 634532166

I used Zotero today to insert literature. Before lunch, it worked fine, synchronizing every few minutes. I left the application open during my break.
When I came back and continued inserting literature, the program stopped synchronizing by itself even though my settings remained unchanged (automatic synchronization). Synchronizing manually didn't work either, since nothing happened when I clicked on the green "synchronization arrow".
My supervisor logged in as well and saw there was no synchronization from after my break. He then told me to restart my computer since zotero should save locally and then be able to reconnect to the server and synchronize.
First, it hadn't synchronized and said there had been an error "operation timed out", but as I started writing this forum entry, it all of a sudden started synchronizing and is now up to speed...
This has happened to me several times in the last few months and our institute's IT can't help with this problem.
I'm happy to receive some support in this way.
Best,
Luisa
    First, though it wouldn't cause this, you should upgrade to the latest version of Zotero. The version you're on is from January, while the latest version is from April.

For the sync problem, we'd want to see a Debug ID for a few minutes of trying to sync while this was happening. This may have just been a temporarily server problem on our end, but we'd need to see more to try to fix it.
  • Thanks for your reply!

I know I'm not on the latest version, although I'm afraid I can't change this right now because I'm working for an organization that doesn't grand us the rights over our Zotero upgrades.. I've talked to IT before about this issue but they won't do anything about it.

Here's the Debug ID: D48746167, although it just synched without problems. After receiving the "operation timed out" error yesterday I did some research on the forum and searched for and deleted an embedded image, so this might have been the thing causing my problem.

I will keep you updated on any new problems/events