Zotero logo disappears from taskbar

Error report: 1841152196
Zotero logo disappears from the taskbar, sometimes feels like the app just got crashed. it shows a gray blank app. however it's working perfectly for me.
To bring the logo back I need to pin Zotero to the taskbar and then unpin again. it fixes this issue temporally. But appears once again after app restart.
  • That would be a Windows issue, not a Zotero issue.
  • Thank you for your suggestion. but I am facing this issue only with the Zotero app.
    I always updated my windows to the latest one and my PC is protected with Quick heal antivirus.
    Anyway, it's a very small bug hope to resolve it in the next coming updates. I love to use Zotero instead of any other app. So just want to inform the developer about it.
  • It's not something we can fix. Zotero is a standard app with a standard icon. If Windows isn't displaying it correctly, that's a problem with your Windows installation.
  • Sir, it fixed now, (got fix from Youtube). It was an Icon cache issue.
    step 1 : pin Zotero to the taskbar and then unpin again (to appear logo bacK)
    step 2 : deleted cache.ds file from windows local app data
    step 3 : In task manager, right-clicked windows explorer and restarted.
    finally all app restarted. finally fixed.

Thank you TEAM Zotero
  • Two years later, Vijay's solution fixed the same problem for me. Thank you Vijay for taking the time to post it.