[error report] error loading items list

report ID: 1949645918

I had previously moved the zotero library onto an external hard drive. It's been working like that for a week or so. Today, when I accessed Zotero (it was never closed), I tried searching for a different reference, and the items list disappeared. The Error report messaging told be to post to the forum so I am.

I confirmed that the external hard drive is connected and will open under Zotero's Preferences -> Advanced -> Files and Folders -> "Show Date Directory" functionality

I'm now going to reboot Zotero to see if it resolves
  • disk I/O error
    A disk I/O error is a general, unspecified problem with Zotero's ability to access your disk. This can be due to some behavior of the external disk/filesystem in your OS, or it can be due to actual filesystem corruption, such as if the drive is accidentally unmounted. You'd want to check the disk and that file outside of Zotero. (Often when this occurs, people get an error even trying to move the file outside of Zotero.)

Aside from any repairs you can do to the filesystem, the only thing we can recommend is moving the data directory back to the local disk.
  • My post was under review so I couldn't post earlier:

When I rebooted Zotero, there was no more error so consider this issue resolved