strange citation behaviour in Record mode in LibreOffice writer

Hi all,

During article preparation, we usually use "record" in LO writer, equivalent feature of "track changes" in word, I guess.

If the Record mode is active (and "Show" is off), when I change citation (adding new or deleting references), upon updating there will be repeating citation numbers or other strange behaviour. Unfortunately, the unpredictable repeating number also appears in other citation in the other part of the document.
Sometimes the strange citation still appear after turn-off the record mode and update zotero (and press "no" such that it allows the zotero to update all citation).
So i regularly delete manually some strange citation that reappear after zotero refresh, even though I didn't make any change to it.

Actually, this is quite easy to reproduce.
In new LO writer document, add new citation (and its references).
- let say: ...[1].
- Turn on the record mode
add another citation to [1].
Upon updating, it can appear as "[1][1]" or "[1,2][1]", or else.
If you refresh zotero one more time, it can become [1][1][1,2].
Turning off the "record" and refresh zotero --> "[1]" or sometimes the problem is fixed "[1,2]".
Sometimes both LO/zotero stop working because of this.

I'm not sure if this is LO or zotero problem.

Any suggestion, or this is a bug? Thank you for your help.

Zotero version:

LO version:
Version: 7.1.3.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 10(Build:2)
CPU threads: 12; OS: Linux 5.4; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Ubuntu package version: 1:7.1.3~rc2-0ubuntu0.18.04.1~lo1
Calc: threaded

• Sorry, editing with track changes enabled is not supported. It works better with Word, but we don't recommend it with any of the word processors as it is likely to cause issues such as you describe and we don't have a robust way to prevent them.
  • I seeā€¦ so it's true because of the "record" / "track changes" feature.
    Thank you for the confirmation.
    Although enabling/disabling the recording feature might work, unfortunately, it is easy to forget about this. Such that either you forgot to record or you repeat the citation problem.
    Thanks...