CSL data in a Word document not refreshing

I am attempting to use better-bibtex along with the hack citeprocNoteCitekey in order to generate markdown compliant citations so that the Word doc can be converted into markdown while retaining citations. I have done this in the past successfully, but it seems to have stopped working.

I have logged an issue on the better-bibtex Github (I have removed links because I think they are getting me caught in a spam filter), but the author has been unable to resolve the issue and attributes it to the CSL data in a Word document not refreshing.

Specifically, the author of better-bibtex asked the following on the zotero-dev Google group (I have removed links because I think they are getting me caught in a spam filter), but didn't receive a response:

"How can I force the Word plugin to update the CSL data stored in the references? I'm trying to help a user with my hack to get citekeys into word, but that requires that the word plugin fetches fresh results from Zotero.Utilities.itemToCSLJSON for all items, and that does not seem to be triggered when the user chooses "refresh" in the zotero toolbar in word."

Thanks for any help,
  • Not sure why Refresh wouldn't work, but switching to a different citation style and back often forces a stronger refresh. If that doesn't fix it, how certain are you that the item in question is actually still linked to your database?
  • edited June 15, 2021
    @etm4: Please don't repeat questions that have already been asked elsewhere. That's why your messages weren't approved. We read everything in all official forums and respond when we have something to say. Beyond that, this is a developer question and belongs on the dev list.