Include { and } in author name? (or easier way to do this?)

I am citing a paper where the author is an organization and I would like to have the full name of the organization display. The only way I can tell to do this is by putting the author name in between {} brackets. I wanted to just save the citation in zotero to have these brackets around the author name by default but when I then do a cntl shift c to copy the bibtex item it always turns the { and } into literals of \{ and \} in the author name. Is there any way for me to put the { and } in the author name and not have the \s added when I copy the bibtex or is there just a better all around way to do this?
  • If you put the author in single field mode in Zotero (the little white rectangle next to the author), BibTeX export will wrap it in double curly brackets, which should preserve it as is on citations with BibTeX.

(For future reference, please remember that Zotero is not primarily a bibtex manager, so you'll want to clarify from the start that you're using BibTeX export and describe your toolchain there. You'll also likely want to look into using the BetterBibTeX add-on if you're not already.
  • Perfect answer thank you! And yes, good point! (what you said does the trick this time around though; THANK YOU!!)
  • I definitely recommend use the better BibTeX plugin if you are writing in BibTeX.