Reinstall Zotero on Linux Mint not as smooth as before

I don't have any idea how to title my problem, the fact is I reinstall Zotero again (in Linux Mint environment) but not succeed as usual.
1. install Zotero bases on installation guidance, it's work, I first run it from the installation folder
2. but the icon launcher didn't appear automatically after I run set_launcher_icon
3. also when I check on the Zotero connector it shows some error represented by this report ID: 1682707369 that tells me to share it on this forum.

that's why I write it here, hope I can open Zotero easily again from the launcher
  • but the icon launcher didn't appear automatically after I run set_launcher_icon
    That's not what that script does. It only updates the path to the icon in the .desktop file. You have to follow the rest of the instructions to add it to the launcher (assuming Gnome-style desktop files work on Mint, which we can't vouch for).
  • I forgot to mention that I already do the rest, set a symbolic link to it. As far as I remember last successful installation the launcher shown up after run set_launcher_icon without any additional step with the launcher panel.

But thanks anyway, I will try it again