Zotero cannot capture a particular item by DOI

Hello,

I'm trying to add an item to my library but Zotero cannot recognize it. Here's the item: https://doi.org/10.5604/01.3001.0013.5929. The PDF is available in the URL and can be accessed by anyone for free.

I tried three methods, all failing:
1. In Zotero desktop, use "Add Item(s) by Identifier". Result: lookup failed.
2. Open the item's URL in Firefox, then use Zotero's Firefox extension. Result: the URL is captured as a web page rather than an article.
3. In Zotero Web Library, use "Add By Identifier". Result: identical to the result in method (2).

I followed the debug logging process and the Debug ID is D2053550711, if that matters.

I'm not sure what else can be done
  • Hello,

I tried adding this item with "Add Item(s) by Identifier" in the latest macOS beta build, version 5.0.97.

Is this issue caused by a Zotero bug and if so, can we expect it to be fixed in upcoming builds?

Thanks in advance.
  • edited June 16, 2021
    Unfortunately no data is available for that DOI using the standard method we use, which works for most DOIs.

@adamsmith, do we know why metadata would be available via the API but not via content negotiation? Particularly since, if I'm reading this right, the RA here is Crossref?