Zotfile - how to move existing attchment files

I have recently installed Zotfile. New citations save PDFs to my stipulated custom location. How can I move attachment files for existing citations though?

My current setting are:

edit - preferences - files syncing - unchecked sync attachment files in my library (same for group library)

and

tools - zotfile preferences - general settings - location of files - custom location -

• Right-click --> Manage Attachments --> Rename attached files
    You can do that in bulk. In spite of the name, "Rename" also moves the file (and doesn't necessarily rename it).

Note Zotfile only works for files attached to items, not for top-level files.
  • Thank you very much. It felt like magic when it happened.
  • I have kind of a related question - when I drag a PDF into my library it appears that the file is stored locally, and I have to go to "Remame Attachments" to get ZotFile to create the linked copy. Is there a way for ZotFile to create these linked files automatically?
  • No. Zotfile isn't able to tell when/if metadata has been automatically retrieved, so auto-moving-and-linking doesn't work when dragging a PDF to Zotero. It does work when a PDF is auto-attached while using the browser connector.
  • Got it - thank you! Yeah, I did notice that when using the browser connected it was moving and linking correctly.