Parity between Groups and Personal library

These are the differences I have found between personal and group libraries. I would like to see them resolved.
  • Complex search (and therefore saved search) is not possible in group libraries. (extension)

• Attached files are not synced to personal library, but they are to group library. (website)
The second one appears to be due to the lack of personal library file storage on Zotero, but I can't just use a Group for my personal library, because it does not support search!

Update: Files are syncing properly now.
  • edited September 23, 2009
    Attached files are not synced to personal library, but they are to group library. (website)
    This is wrong; in your zotero preferences, enable file syncing using the 'Zotero' protocol.
    http://www.zotero.org/support/file_sync
  • Ah, thank you noksagt! It didn't seem to work before, but I have it working now. I guess I can drop the WebDAV, then. :-)
  • I have also noticed that you cannot create a saved search in a group library. Is there a way around this problem?
  • +1
    just ran into this problem, mainly because I am increasingly loosing overview over which items are in my main library and which ones are in a group library. Allowing saved searches in group libraries would allow to tag them and thus automatically add to the group.
  • Saved searches in groups were added over a month ago.

Right-click, New Saved Search.
  • Brillant! sorry, tried to save search from the search dialogue. Then I tried to move a saved search from "my library" to the group library. Both did not work, so I wrongly assumed that it is impossible to do so. Maybe these two other possibilities could be added?
    Also the documentation pages could be updated to include this.
  • edited May 4, 2010
    Would it be possible for saved searches in groups to show up in the web view? Currently they don't.