copy and paste highlighted text in Zotero beta

Hello, new to these forums so be gentle if this is a question that's been answered before! I have done a search but can't see anything on the topic. I'm using Zotero beta on a Mac and the new iOS beta on iPad with Apple Pencil. I highlight text that's of interest and then occasionally add a note to the highlight. However I can't find a good way of then copying and pasting the highlighted text to a Word document when I'm writing up on my MacBook. I can't right click on the text in the PDF viewer on Zotero, I just get the highlight colours and Delete as options, and I can't copy the text from the left hand viewing pane that shows all my highlights. I quite often highlight text that I am going to quote in my write up, so this would be really useful!
Any thoughts? Am I missing something really obvious?
  • You do that by adding the annotations to notes and then using the new Add Note feature in the word processor plugin.

https://www.zotero.org/support/pdf_reader_preview
  • Thank you! I'm trying to do that but the Add to Note item is always greyed out when I click on the highlighted text and I can't work out why. I can add all of the annotations to a note using the Add Item Note from Annotations option in the Notes panel, but I can't add them individually either from the highlight itself or from the left hand panel.
  • You need to have a note open in the Notes pane of the PDF reader. See the screenshot on the linked page.
  • ohhhhhh now i see! thank you, i really was being a bit dim!