The one feature I still need to use Mendeley for

I'm now happily running the Mac client, 5.0.97-beta.27, in the new interface wit the PDF reader. There is one thing I still reliably go back to Mendeley for: full text search. I'd love the search bar to search PDF text, not just metadata.

Other Mendeley features that help me make sense of my collection that I find I'm missing:

- a "recently read" list really helps me find the things I'm working on right now

- Similarly for "recently added." I can sort My Library reverse by date added, though not on iOS, and the sort setting doesn't always seem to stick between sessions.

- A "favorite" or "star" feature that is sort of a quick "add to favorites list." I used this to manage my reading list, and I find explicitly moving items into and out of my reading list collection is a lot more overhead

Thanks for all your hard work -- Zotero has become a reasonable replacement for Mendeley just in the last few months, and I'm otherwise happy to move over.
  • I'd love the search bar to search PDF text, not just metadata.
    You can — just switch the search to Everything mode. A future version will show matching snippets from the PDF in the items list.
    a "recently read" list really helps me find the things I'm working on right now
    This might be added.
    Similarly for "recently added."
    Create a saved search for [Date Added] [is in the last] [x].
    I can sort My Library reverse by date added, though not on iOS
    No, you can sort by Date Added, among other columns, on iOS. Just use the up/down arrows button.
    A "favorite" or "star" feature that is sort of a quick "add to favorites list."
    Create a tag with "⭐️" as the text, right-click on it in the tag selector and assign yellow as the color and 1 as the number, and then click an item and press 1 on your keyboard to toggle it one and off. Click the star at the top of the tag selector to see only your favorites in the given collection.
  • "You can — just switch the search to Everything mode. A future version will show matching snippets from the PDF in the items list."

Amazing! Thanks so much.

Also finding that double-arrow thing on IOS is a great help.