Synchronized File - Annotation issues

Hi,

I have two issues regarding annotations in the build in PDF reader. I am running the iOS Beta on my iPad and the Mac desktop version. I am currently working on my desktop with a file I have annotated on my iPad. The last marked section is a hole page of references, over two columns. When I made a note from the annotations Zotero extracted only the first half of the marked section (the left section), also all text is visibly marked.

So, first issue: I cannot copy the hole section - it didn't extracted the hole section into the note and also it's not possible to copy it manually, which usually works.

Also, second issue, the annotations made on the iPad are locked (with a little lock sign) - is it possible to unlock them? That would allow for a more seamless integration ...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Loretta
  • @LorettaDI I guess it's the same PDF you sent us in another thread? If so, we are investigating the issue.

Regarding the second problem, if you see a locked annotation, it means it was imported from a PDF file. If you create annotations on Zotero desktop client or Zotero iOS app they get synced and are never locked.
  • Yes it is the same file - thank you for looking into that!

Regarding the second issue: that would explain it. I had trouble syncing at the start, I had to reassign the files with the annotations. As syncing now works that should be fine with other files, thanks for the explanation.
  • @LorettaDI Ok, I can reproduce the issue regarding half of the text extraction, and we will fix it.