Terminal error message - Have I been hacked?

Hi. I'm on a Mac. Recently updated system and Zotero. Zotero quit. And then when I reopened, I got a message *in Terminal*. I don't understand the message, or how/why Zotero opened this programme. The message says:

Last login: Mon May 24 07:43:06 on console

The default interactive shell is now zsh.
To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`.
For more details, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050.
/Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/MacOS/zotero ; exit;
[REDACTED BY ME - MY MACBOOK ACCOUNT DETAILS]
2021-05-27 19:45:26.017 zotero[44358:750671] *** WARNING: Textured window is getting an implicitly transparent titlebar. This will break when linking against newer SDKs. Use NSWindow's -titlebarAppearsTransparent=YES instead.
objc[44358]: Class ZoteroSBApplicationDelegate is implemented in both /Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/Resources/extensions/zoteroMacWordIntegration@zotero.org/resource/libZoteroWordIntegration.dylib (0x112427a28) and /Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/Resources/extensions/zoteroMacWordIntegration@zotero.org/resource/libZoteroWordIntegrationClient.dylib (0x112442a18). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Many thanks for any insight!

• Not entirely sure why you'd see the terminal open, but there's nothing troubling about any of those messages, so absolutely no reason to think anything nefarious has happened. If this keeps occurring, we can take a look. If it goes away next time you open Zotero, you can ignore it.
  • Thank you so much for such a quick reply. Given your reassurance, I pressed on. The problem seems to be connected to the MS Word integration. When I was in Word, and tried to add a citation, I got a message saying Zotero didn't have the right permissions and sending me to the Security pane of the Mac OS Preferences. But then when I got there, Zotero did already have the permissions. Although Terminal did not have the box checked giving it the right to mess with Word.

Then I went to have supper.

And when I came back, everything was working fine.
  • Yes, that makes sense. Zotero uses the terminal under the hood for Word integration.