Synchronisation between HD and computer

I regularly save my Zotero database from my laptop to a HD. Recently I had to come back to a computer on which I worked until 2020, and where my Zotero database was installed. But I had to update it thanks to my HD. When I do the simulation, it appears that dispite the existing database is 27,34 GB and the saved one 33,23, it wants to reinstall all (which would mean at least one full day). Instead of only copy the new 6 GB . THe software I am using for synchronising is Syncback by 2Brightspark. When I compare the data, there is apparently of gap of one hour between the two versions (pby due to change of solar time btw summer and winter).
So most probably not a Zotero issue but how can I manage it? Thank you
  • Not really sure what you mean there — I don't know what "it wants to reinstall all" is referring to. If you're talking about some backup software on your computer, that's not something we can help with.

Zotero will use whatever information is in your Zotero data directory when it starts up. See instructions on that page for restoring from a backup.
  • thank you. I managed to solve the issue which indeed was not related to zotero.