Out Of Memory on Sync

Report ID: 303604151.

I'm getting [JavaScript Error: "can't assign to property "added" on "out of memory": not an object" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncRunner.js" line: 1014}]

when I try to sync https://www.zotero.org/groups/3007408/semantic_bim.

It is a fairly complex bibliography.
I've been getting an error before that a note is too big: the bibliography has rich notes that include images. But these images are not synced because that group has no storage.

It's the first time I get this OOM. Restarting Zotero doesn't help.

I use Zotero Standalone 5.0.96.2 with Chrome connector.
  • I'd think you would get a better error message for that, but notes are always synced, they're not part of file storage, so syncing notes in images with Zotero 5.0.96 would likely cause problems (note that images in notes are supported in the next major version, available in beta currently)
  • 3 items are not synced (I see 292 locally, 289 on the web).
    I could send the last 3 items (\tmp\semanticBIM-last3.rdf) but don't see anything unusual about them.
  • @adamsmith I haven't added images recently, but it's the first time I get an OOM error.

Now I got "error has occurred, please restart Zotero" with similar OOM but also [JavaScript Error: "Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [nsITreeSelection.select]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/collectionTreeView.js" line: 305}].

Report 1913275598.
  • After closing Zotero, I checked processes. I had a stale Zotero process at 2.9Gb private memory, 300Mb working set. Killed it forcefully, also restarted Chrome.

Let's see
  • Yes, this was due to the images in notes. As mentioned above, this is supported properly in the new note editor in the beta (though existing images in notes aren't automatically converted and can still cause problems).
  • edited March 25, 2022
    I had this kind of error, too. ID:1699825191. I think I have to delete the images.

[JavaScript Error: "can't assign to property "added" on "out of memory": not an object" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncRunner.js" line: 1075}]

[JavaScript Error: "out of memory"]

[JavaScript Error: "can't assign to property "added" on "out of memory": not an object" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncRunner.js" line: 1075}]

[extra output removed — D.S.]

version => 6.0.2, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => zh-CN, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 6.0.2, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (6.0.0.SA.6.0.2, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (6.0.0.SA.6.0.2, extension), ZotFile (5.1.1, extension), Jasminum (0.1.6, extension)
  • edited March 25, 2022
    @mydingdang0316: Yes, you do.

Note that images are officially supported in Zotero 6. You can add them by dragging them in or pasting images copied from certain web browsers. Additional pasting support is planned.