ongoing sync problem

Hi, I've been unable to sync my zotero data for the last 80 days or so. My latest error report ID is 1358755216. I'm updated to the latest version (2.0b7.2), and I've tried resetting the server data from the Zotero option menu. No luck. Please advise if there's anything else I can try. Thanks.
  • It was just a timeout. Try again. You're not trying to sync too many items, so I'd be surprised if you weren't able to get it to go through after a few tries. Don't reset server data—it won't help.
  • Thanks for your response. I've continued to try syncing my data, still with no luck. For what it's worth, the latest error report id, which I've submitted, is 2121649607.
  • Just a further update. I'm still unable to sync my data -- it's now been 111 days since the last sync, which is a little worrisome. The latest report ID, which I've just submitted, is 1870063555. The typical error message is: "Error processing uploaded data (Report ID: 2a4d59a7)". Perhaps it's just timing out, as you previously noted, but it seems to do so every time. Any suggestions?
  • It's no longer a timeout error. If you don't mind, please upload your database to the DB Repair Tool and e-mail the Upload ID to support@zot....org, with a link to this thread, and we'll take a look. You can ignore the download links the tool provides.
  • OK, I've put in some additional logging server-side that may help us debug this. Could you sync again and provide another Report ID? Thanks.
  • Here's the latest Report ID: 437555374. I appreciate your looking into this for me.
  • Here's the new error report ID: 1068863185. Whereas before the sync process would go on for a while and then give up, it is now stopping almost immediately. Is that significant?
  • What's the exact error you're getting in the dialog?
  • Here's the error message: "Invalid output from server (Report ID: 61a5de8d07)"
  • Hey, it worked! Thanks! I really appreciate all the effort you put into solving my problem.

So is there anything I should do (or avoid doing) to prevent similar occurrences in the future? Or was this just some sort of random data-corruption issue?
  • No, you don't need to do anything. There were a few incorrect entries left over in the server database from earlier this year. It should no longer be able to create such entries, but I guess those were somehow missed when we put the additional checks in place.
  • OK, thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.