Too many steps needed with highlights

It takes so many steps in the iOS version of Zotero to make a highlight, change the color, or remove it.

To make a highlight, other apps allow you to turn on highlighting, then whenever you select something, it gets highlighted right away. In Zotero I need to select, then click on it, choose the option to highlight.

To remove the highlight, I need to go through so many steps! I click on the highlight, select the “...” in the annotation pop up, scroll down to see the “remove annotation” button, click it, then I have to confirm in a second dialog that I really want to remove this annotation!

It is so annoying. Please reduce the number of steps.
  • To make a highlight, other apps allow you to turn on highlighting, then whenever you select something, it gets highlighted right away.
    This is exactly how the app works.

Just as in the desktop app, two highlighting modes are supported: you can make a selection and then add a highlight to it, or you can enable highlighting mode and then drag to immediately highlight. On iOS, the latter works best with an Apple Pencil, where you have more precision.
    scroll down to see the “remove annotation” button
    Not sure what you mean by this — you shouldn't have to scroll down unless it's a very large highlight.

We're planning to move color selection to the main annotation screen. We could consider moving Delete Annotation there as well, but the downside obviously is that it clutters up the main screen for adding notes.