Help! Zotero won't generate Bibliography in Word

Hello,

I have been successfully using Zotero to add citations throughout my dissertation, and successfully generated a bibliography in the Word document. However, when I went to refresh the Bibliography in order to incorporate citations I made later, it disappeared and will not regenerate. It either fails to respond entirely or it shows me the 'add citation' box.

I have tried switching the computer, word and zotero on and off again. I have tried copy-pasting into a new document. I have double-checked that Zotero and Word are both as up to date as they can be on my version of IOS. My dissertation is due today. Please help!

Thanks in advance!
  • After clicking on "Add bibliography" how long have you waited? This may take some time, particularly on a Mac.
    If you have access to a Windows machine, including one of a friend (it does need Zotero installed, bu tdoesn't need your library), you could try there: Zotero works faster on Word for Windows.
  • Good to know! Sadly I don't have access to a Windows machine...

I have left it for up to half an hour at a time, but it usually either shows the add/edit citation floating window or {citation} appears in the document where I wanted the bibliography. It's definitely some kind of glitch, rather than my impatience - I was able to generate a bibliography on the same document before but it wouldn't update so I deleted it, then it wouldn't regenerate. After restarting the computer it did regenerate, but next time I opened the document it had disappeared, and now won't regenerate again.

Thanks for your help!

• Can you email your dissertation word document to my first name

brenton

@ my last name

wiernik

.org

?

I can take a look?