Zotero includes whole author name in footnotes

Hello!
I ran into a problem. When adding new books in Zotero, I always split first name and surname. I've checked, and I have done the same thing with these ones.

I cite Joseph A. Maxwell several times. I use the style APA 7th with footnotes. All other authors are cited like this: "Silverman 2010: 109" or "Strauss & Corbin 1994", but not Maxwell. The footnotes on three separate(!) Maxwell volumes are cited like this in the footnotes:
"Joseph A. Maxwell 2012: vii" // "Joseph A. Maxwell 2013: 29" etc. A few days ago, I know for certain that the footnotes read "Maxwell 2013: 29". What in the world is going on here? And how can I fix this?
  • That's the "Norsk APA manual" style you're using?

I'm pretty sure you're seeing a version of https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/given_name_disambiguation then
  • Correct. Or, the Norsk APA changed the way you told me. But you’re right, it’s mostly the Norsk APA. But one of my friends is using Kildekompasset, and he has has the same issue. (And none of them uses initials, do they? So the footnotes should still look the same, as they only use the surname, no?)

The item is not deleted and not duplicated.

I tried changing the style in document preferences to the original Norsk APA, and then back to my modified version. That fixed the issue, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened again.

I’ve changed Maxwell’s name to the exact same form for all items. Hope that helps permanently. Thanks for the link!