Citation Formatting Lost - LibreOffice - Copy/Paste

Dear folks,

when I copy/paste a sentence with a citation attached, the formatting as a zotero-citation is lost. There is only plain text in the new footnote. This used to work in the past.

I am talking about the same document, no conversions from odt to docx or other programs involved.

System:
Libre Office 6.4.7.2 on Xubuntu (20.04.2 Focal Fossa).
Zotero 5.0.96.2

What didnt work:
- changing the copy/paste settings of Libre Office
- Trying other files / citation styles

I appreciate your help as this is a major block for my workflow.

Cheers
Max
  • Unfortunately there's just not anything Zotero can do. Reference marks (the format in which Zotero citation information is stored) don't copy & paste withing the same LibreOffice document. Cut & paste will work, as will copy&paste to a different document.
  • Thank you for the hint.

When I try to cut a citation, the citation dialogue from Zotero opens up again. This doesn't seem to work either :/

Is there any alternative? For example using Word etc.?

• Just found an odd workaround - if automatic updates within the LibreOffice Document are disabled, the copy/pasting of citations seems to work.
  • Is there any alternative? For example using Word etc.?
    Yes, duplicating citations by copying works with Word or Google Docs.
    Just found an odd workaround - if automatic updates within the LibreOffice Document are disabled, the copy/pasting of citations seems to work.
    You must be mistaken. You should enable field shading in LibreOffice from the View menu. You will see that copying and pasting a ReferenceMark won't work, only cutting and pasting will.
  • edited May 25, 2021
    @MaxPetras: Re: automatic updates, you likely just aren't noticing the problem because you haven't yet done a Refresh.
  • Yes, you were right.