Zotero Connector proxy setup

I am using the Zotero Connector extension in Chrome, and when I need to access articles I usually "URL-hack" to connect through my university proxy, for example by replacing

www.sciencedirect.com/

with

www-sciencedirect-com.proxy.lib.uwaterloo.ca/

My understanding is that the connector is supposed to be able to automatically detect proxy usage and save the proxy URL substitution, but mine is not doing so. I do not mind if I have to add the proxy substitution manually but I do not understand the syntax, I tried

%hwww.sciencedirect.com/%pwww-sciencedirect-com.proxy.lib.uwaterloo.ca/

and some variations, but it didn't work, I assume that my syntax is incorrect. Any help would be appreciated, either with the syntax or with the automatic proxy detection.
  • An EZproxy proxy — which that appears to be — should generally be detected automatically, but the syntax would be %h.proxy.lib.uwaterloo.ca/%p, with "Automatically associate new hosts" and "Automatically convert between dots and hyphens in proxied hostnames" enabled.
  • Thank you, I misunderstood the syntax. Do I then need to add www.sciencedirect.com/ and other url's which should be proxied under "Hostnames"?
  • They'll be automatically added as you access them through the proxy. If you access a site directly before it's associated, you can right-click on the save button and select Reload via Proxy, at which point it should be added.