Zotero “Config Editor” will not apper after unchecking the warning box 1641982321 (Report ID)

Hi,

I changed the the zotfile hidden settings a lot and was annoyed by permanently clicking the "I know that it is dangerous" button, before the config search interface appears.
So I unchecked the box in order to not get this hint anymore...

After changing this I needed to change settings once again, so Zotero → Preferences → Advanced (subtab) → click on “Config Editor”. But from now on the menu never appears again... I restartet Zotero (I use the portable version 5.0.96.2) but that didn't help either...

What else can I do to make the menu reappear again, so that I can change settings again?
  • But from now on the menu never appears again
    What menu doesn't appear? Do you mean the list of settings? If you uncheck that box, you should just see the list of settings when you click Config Editor.

Can you take a screenshot of what you're seeing, upload it somewhere (e.g., Dropbox or Google Drive), and provide a link here?
  • ReferenceError: onConfigUnload is not defined" {file: "about:config" line: 1}]
    onunload@about:config:1:1
    Oh, I'm guessing it's this. We've never seen this before, but it could be a problem with the prefs.js file in your Zotero profile directory. If you move that file out of the way with Zotero closed, you'll likely be able to open the config editor again. You can try copying halves of that file at a time into prefs.js with Zotero closed to try to identify a specific line that's causing a problem.
  • edited May 21, 2021
    Hi, this behavior just disappeared after completely shutting down and restarting the computer...

I don't know if that was just necessary or a kind of a bug. Probably it is an issue just with the portable version of zotero?!?

Thx for your time and response...

Markus